Image Map

Thursday Thoughts {Vol. 5}

8/15/13

  • T and I have decided to buy a sectional couch for my in-laws basement so that we can have our own space {which we desperately need} where we can hang out, watch our own TV shows, and spend time with Duke. We made this decision Friday night, went shopping last night, and found the perfect one! Except there's one HUGE {to me} problem... it has to be custom ordered in order to get the color we want, brown, and that can take up to TEN weeks! Are you kidding me?! The salesman said he's seen them come in four, but still! To an impatient girl like me that's an eternity. Ugh. We haven't made a 100% decision, but I think we're just going to suck it up and wait. 
    Here's the stock photo.. we'll be getting it in a dark down color
  • I came to the realization yesterday that I could never be a housewife {at least not now}. I despise doing the dishes, hate doing laundry, am the worlds worst cook, ect. I also hate not knowing that I get to leave the house everyday. Sometimes my thoughts are weird.
  • This summer has been slightly disappointing.. Michigan's weather has not matched the season at all. We didn't do things that I really wanted to do. And I'm just really bummed that it's almost over.
  • Speaking of summer ending it still hasn't hit me yet that I won't be going back to school next month. For the first time in 18 years. No back to school shopping. No leaving my family and heading back to Western. No "fresh" start. I don't know how to really put into words how I'm feeling. Sometimes I feel like a failure, because I didn't get into grad school this time around. Sometimes I realize how much I needed this break. Sometimes I doubt myself and my education choices. This could be an entire post on its own.
  • Our calendar is jammed pack for the next few weeks and while I'm excited I'm also stressed {story of my life}.
  • Lately my bunions have been causing me a lot of discomfort while I'm walking Duke/working out and it has gotten annoying. Yesterday I went to Running Fit and bought inserts so hopefully those will do the trick! I've dealt with foot pain my entire life, but since I wasn't very active at Western I haven't in quite a while.
  • I've officially registered for the GRE {again} so I have just under two months to prepare. Lord help me. I HATE STANDARDIZED TESTS.

4 comments:

  1. My dream job is to be a housewife! I'd love to decorate and cook and take care of the kiddos all day long! I'd go out to shop a little and take walks, attend classes and such.

    I agree about the summer weather. I LOVE fall, but we haven't even had a hot summer night here!!

    I feel weird about school too! It's gonna be an adjustment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think staying home is either a definite I want to or a definite I don't. Once we have kids maybe I'll change my mind, but for now I'll keep workin' ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the couch idea, and I have no interest in being a house wife either haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a either you do or you definitely don't thing LOL and circumstances may change your opinion, but at this time I definitely don't. I couldn't stay busy enough!

      Delete