Image Map

13 Goals for 2013

1/1/13

I'm usually not one for new year resolutions because letsbehonest 99% of the time I never "accomplish" them, but I still wanted to make a to-do list of sorts for 2013. So I've been thinking for the past few days about what I could do and this is what I came up with: a list of 13 goals that I'd like to accomplish in 2013!

1. Have a date at least once a month with the hubs
This will be our first full year together in four years and I want to make it count! These dates don't have to be spectacular or anything, but I am requiring that I beautify myself for them (make up/hair/no scrubs).

2. Use my dSLR more
T bought me a Canon Rebel t3 last year (2011) for Christmas and I barely touched it in 2012... this MUST change! So I've devised a plan to do just that! I've always wanted to do a P365 (take a picture everyday for a year) but I just don't think I could ever accomplish that. So instead I've decided to do a P52 which is to take at least one picture a week for an entire year. And as motivation if I complete this goal T will by me the camera Pandora charm. A little motivation never hurts anyone ;)

3. Get back to blogging regularly
Blogging has been a big part of my life since I was thirteen years old (hellooo LiveJournal) and within the past two years it's fallen by the wayside. I want to change this. I don't blog for followers or comments, I blog to document my life. I love looking back at old posts, especially the ones from when I met T, and I want to be able to do that again.

4. Completely train Duke
Duke is my first pet (besides a Beta fish) and I never thought he'd be this much work! He'll be a lot more enjoyable once he's trained and therefore I'd like to have him completely trained (potty, walking, biting, commands, ect) by the end of the year.

5. Get in shape/healthier with T
I know, I know this is one of those annoying goals. I've just been out of shape for far too long and I think having a partner to keep me on track will help tremendously. I'm taking a meditation class and a yoga class through school so hopefully they'll be the push I need.

6. Cook more
My cooking abilities are extremely limited and I'd like to change that for my husbands sake. T is a great cook, but I know he'd appreciate not having to cook every single day. This also includes learning how to meal plan and finding new recipes.

7. Graduate with a bang
I'd love nothing more than finishing the last semester of my Bachelors degree with all A's and B/A's. I would say all A's, but I know that getting an A in my clinic class is near impossible. As long as I do my best I will be proud of myself!

8. Explore Michigan
Growing up I always complained about living in Michigan, but as I've gotten older I've learned to appreciate this state. Traveling is one of my favorite things to do and it's time to travel within my own state. I'm really hoping to see the Sleeping Bear Dunes this spring/summer!

9. Have professional anniversary pictures taken
Our one year wedding anniversary is in July and I'm dying to get professional pictures taken and with our pup! I've made a folder and have started saving pictures for inspiration. What can I say I'm a planner ;)

10. Get back into scrapbooking
Words cannot describe how much I miss scrapbooking. I know this just sounds like an excuse, but I just haven't had the time. Come May (after I graduate) I don't have an excuse and I will get back into it even if I have a full time job! I still have to make T's Army book, start our travel book, and start a book for Duke!

11. Spend more quality time with T without electronics
I couldn't tell you how many times T asks me to put away my damn iPhone and spend time with him. How pathetic does that make me look?! This needs to happen more than any of these other goals.

12. Take a weekend trip with friends
We already know that money is going to be tight this year for all of our friends, but we still want to take some sort of trip together. It'll probably be somewhere in Michigan, maybe camping or renting a lake house. It doesn't matter where it is as long as we can all get together!

13. Celebrate T's 25th birthday in a big way!
T hates celebrating his birthday, but I'm determined to do something amazing! I mean you only turn a quarter of a century once! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment