Image Map

Thursday Thoughts {Vol. 14}

11/7/13

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that we're a week into November! The saying that the older you get the faster time goes is definitely true. At least for now it is. So here are some random things that have been going on in these parts lately-

  • I had to get my rear window replaced. The defrost coil got nicked and therefore the window didn't defrost all the way. The car dealership tried to charge us $550 to replace it. My smart husband called around and got it replaced for $250. WHY in the world do dealerships think that it's okay to completely rip their customers off?! Makes me so mad! Never dealing with car companies again- Thomas can handle that crap.
  • T and I, along with 7 of our friends, are going to the Kings of Leon concert in Chicago in March! It's going to be such a great trip and we can't wait. We're going to make a weekend trip out of it and it'll be T's first time in Chicago and my first time seeing KOL!
  • A few weeks ago when I went through all of my blog posts to label them I came across my Project 52 {a picture every week instead of everyday- I can't commit to that yet lol} posts and it made me so bummed that I didn't stick with it :/ It's such a fun way to look back on the past year. I'm going to give it another whirl in 2014 and hopefully I can complete it! It'll really help with staying on-top of my scrapbooks too.
  • I feel so ahead of the game this year in terms of Christmas shopping. T already got his big present this past weekend {a new pistol that I can't wait to shoot at the range this weekend!} and I know what we're getting everyone else. I'm hoping to have everything bought or ordered by December. That way I don't have to deal with the crowds. I hate big crowds and being in stores around Christmas time.
  • My mouth is finally starting to feel normal again and I don't have to take pain medication every 4 hours anymore! I can eat normal foods, just a little bit slower. However, I do have to brush my teeth after every time I eat, because if I don't I have the worst taste in my mouth... I don't know if this is normal or not? I have a check up with my oral surgeon next Thursday so hopefully everything checks out okay {especially since I no longer have dental insurance...}.
  • Thomas' VA claim {his back, shoulder, nerve damage, hearing loss, ect.} has been decided and now we're waiting to find out what percentage they "awarded" him... I'm super inpatient and just want to know already so that we can stop guessing.
Not very exciting I must say LOL..

No comments:

Post a Comment