Image Map

I'M BACK!!

7/17/12

As you can see it's taken me a lot longer to come back to blogging than I had anticipated. Life just got in the way and now I want to get in the habit of regularly posting so that when school starts in September I already have a routine and hopefully a groove. Since my last post a lot has gone on...

• I finished my junior year at Western and did way better than I could've hoped (I don't have to retake anatomy or the cadaver lab!!!). However, I still have a lot of work to do to prepare myself for grad school. I have to take the GRE in August and to be honest I'm scared out of my britches. Standardized tests and I do not get along. I also have to start my applications this fall. And hopefully I'll be able to find some volunteering/observation positions soon! A degree in speech-language pathology is no joke.

• I spent the entire month of May in Louisiana with T. It was the longest period of time that we've spent together since he joined the Army! We spent a long weekend in New Orleans (I'll post pictures/do a recap once I have my camera cord), went to the lake a couple times, but mainly just enjoyed each others company. But, man it's difficult going from a long distance relationship to living together!


• I went back to Michigan for my bridal shower and to finish all of the wedding things! We were so spoiled by our friends and family and we can't wait to use all of our new goodies once we move to the apartment. The last two weeks before the wedding were a whirlwind. I made programs, seating charts, name cards, table numbers, wrapped bridal party gifts, and I was constantly on the go! I'm a fairly organized person, but those two weeks almost killed me. I feel for every bride-to-be that has to do everything without their partner! It's a pain in the butt! BUT it was all worth it, so worth it!

• T and I tied the knot on July 6, 2012 and it was everything that I had dreamed it would be. The only bummer was the weather, it was over 100 degrees that day, but no one fainted and we had such a great time. I didn't feel nervous, I wasn't stressed out or worried, I was having the time of my life! I'll do a full recap once we get our wedding pictures, but to hold you over here is a link to a slideshow our photographers made: LINK I'm so excited to see the rest of them! Our photographers were amazing and if you live in Michigan in the Metro Detroit area you should contact them (Northstar Photography and Design).



• Now we're back in Louisiana counting down the days until T's enlistment is up! Less than 100 days ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment