Image Map

Chicago Recap

3/24/14

Long time no blog post... and to think I said I was going to write more. There are no excuses, just that I need to be more efficient with my free time. Anywho, I'm going focus on getting caught up this week so be prepared for a few recaps :)

First up is our trip to Chicago. We went to the Windy City with NINE of our friends for the Kings of Leon concert. The concert was on a Saturday night so we decided to make a weekend trip out of it. We boarded the Amtrak train at 7:15pm on Friday night expecting to have a great time and to get our drink on. That didn't quite happen and here is why-
1. The train was PACKED meaning we couldn't all sit together
2. Some passengers were complete party poopers {but refused to move to the quite car}
and best of all...
3. My husband started violently throwing up about half-way into the ride

At first we thought he was suffering from motion sickness, but that was odd considering he didn't get sick once on our honeymoon cruise. So then we thought it was food poisoning, but he had eaten the same food as I had that day. Either way the poor guy was completely miserable and SO disappointed. He'd been SO excited for this trip. We made it to our hotel without any trouble {La Quinta Inn Downtown- HIGHLY recommend this hotel!}, but the rest of the night was a complete bust :(

Saturday morning T still didn't feel great, but was feeling better so we braved it and ventured over to Shedd Aquarium. NEVER make the mistake we did and not reserve your tickets ahead of time- we stood in line outside in 20 degree temps for roughly 1.5 hours!!! It was brutal and made the overall experience less enjoyable, but we still had a decent time. After the aquarium we headed to Giordano's for some deep dish pizza. It was delicious, but so filling!

Some of LiCrew!


Then it was time to head over to the United Center for the concert. KOL puts on an amazing show and I was even surprised by how much fun I had {despite the 14 year old teenager in front of us sexting her boyfriend while sitting next to her mother}! T was on the mend and had a great time at the concert as well. Once the concert was over everyone {except me} had the bright idea to walk 3.7 miles back to our hotel, I have never had frozen toes like that before.

 The entire group! Really regretting not asking a fellow concert goer to take a picture- UGH one day I'll get better :(

I posted a few videos on my Instagram if anyone is interested

Half of the group left early Sunday, but those of us who stayed headed to Chinatown! We ate lunch at a delicious Chinese restaurant and wandered around the little shops before it was time to head back to the train station.

As soon as we walked into the train station I knew that something wasn't right with my stomach and as soon as we boarded the train I b-lined it to the bathroom where I proceeded to vomit and did again 9 other times {I am so sorry to those other poor passengers}. T didn't have motion sickness or food poisoning.... he had the flu! It was a miserable 5 hours back home and I have never been more relieved to see my own toilet. Thankfully it was only a 24 hour bug and by Tuesday I was back to normal.

So as you can see it was the trip we had planned, but thankfully everyone enjoyed the concert and that was the main reason we went! T and I are heading back to Chi-Town in June for a weekend getaway so we'll be able to do more touristy things and I can take my good camera for pictures :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you guys got sick. I got sick with the flu during the national anthem at a Knicks game. I'm so glad it was during the national anthem so the people in the seats in front of us were standing. It continued on the way to the bathroom, in the bathroom, and the whole subway ride home. It was the absolute worst.

    I'm glad you had a good time despite the sickness.

    ReplyDelete